Event Details | Free Agents | Ultimate Alliance Information | 2014 Results | Hotels | Schedule | Tickets | Coaches Info | Flyer | Registration | Weigh In Procedure
The National Duals is wrestled over the Memorial Day holiday weekend. This is an opportunity to determine the best club/state teams in the country for the Elementary, Middle School, and High School divisions. The National Wrestling Duals is the largest dual meet team event in the history of scholastic wrestling. Last year, 250 teams, with over 3,700 individual wrestlers representing 14 states competed in this event. It is an honor to represent your club or state and compete in "The Battle at the Beach". The level of wrestling at this event may be tougher than any you’ve faced throughout the year. The very best, from many of the top states attend and compete here for their respective club. The competition is intense. Participants from the top 5 place finishing teams will be officially declared All-American Team Members.
Build Your Team. Claim Your Title.
Divisions and Weight Classes
**There is one weigh-in for the entire event. You must be wearing a wristband to weigh in **
High School, Grades 9-12, 3 lb. allowance, 106, 113, 120, 126, 132, 138, 145, 152, 160, 170, 182, 195, 220, 285
Middle School, Grades 6*-8, 2 lb. allowance, 75, 80, 85, 90, 95, 100, 105, 112, 119, 127, 135, 142, 154, 165, 180, 230
Elementary School, Grades 4-6*, 1 lb. allowance, 55, 60, 65, 70, 75, 80, 85, 90, 95, 100, 105, 112, 119, 125, 132, 160
* 6th grade eligibility: 6th graders can determine which division they wish to wrestle. You can only wrestle in one division throughout the event.
**Grade level for the 2014-2015 school year**
When wrestlers weigh in, we will be using your actual weight to determine your eligible weight class. You will be eligible for that weight and the weight higher.
i.e. if you weigh in at 115.8, you will be eligible for 113 and 120.
Please keep me in the weight allowance 3lbs for High School, 2lbs for Middle School, and 1lb for Elementary
Team Entry Fee
$700 per team (each team may have a maximum of 18 wrestlers ). This is an average of $40 per wrestler for a team of 18 wrestlers.
- Additional wrestlers (over 18): There is a fee of $40 / additional wrestler and we suggest that you try to place the athlete on a team that has an incomplete roster. This can be done at the 9pm Free Agents meeting Friday evening.
- It is the responsibility of the head coach to see that alternates are worked in to dual meets.
- Alternatives are not guaranteed exhibition matches - no more then 14 bouts can be wrestled per dual meet.
Payments in full must be paid by Wednesday, May 13th!
All rosters are due online by midnight of Wednesday, May 13th in order to be seeded. No Roster = No Seed.
If your roster is not online by this time, a $50.00 penalty can ensue.
Please Note: Wrestlers are able to compete for 1 team only!
If you are found on multiple teams, all teams involved will be penalized.
The NHSCA has posted a list of wrestlers who are looking for teams to compete on. Coaches will contact you directly!
If you are in need of a team, please email Mattie at Potter@nhsca.com with the following information:
- Full Name
- Email or Phone or Both
- Division - Elem, MS, or HS
As of May 15th, we are no longer accepting Free Agents.
Each team is responsible for their own table worker. He or she will receive free entry. Team contacts will receive a lanyard at registration. Each table work MUST be wearing this lanyard to enter the wrestling and to be at the table.
Championship tournament format with complete consolation rounds. Every team is guaranteed 7 matches. NEW! The 7th match will be wrestled on Monday. Challenge matches will be offered at a cost of $50 per team, after the 7 guaranteed matches on Monday.
High School Division - 1.30-1.30-1.30
Middle School Division - 1.15-1.15-1.15
Elementary School Division - 1-1-1
In each division, participants from the top 5 placing teams will receive medals, as well as official recognition as All-Americans.
The top 5 place finishing teams will also receive a beautiful statue.
Cole Baublitz Memorial Award is given to the first place High School team champion. This award commemorates a very special wrestler from Diesel who was tragically killed at age 19 in 2007. Cole loved the sport of wrestling, the competition, and the joy of the team unity that prevailed when wrestlers who normally compete against each other for different schools join forces on the same team.
Tie Breaker Breakdown
3 Way Tie or More
- Point differential of only the matches involving these 3 against each other.
- If this fully delineates all 3 use it as is.
- If it leaves a 2 way tie then criteria goes to Head to head competition
Ultimate Alliance VIP Weigh Ins
Ultimate Alliance registration will be closing Wednesday, May 20th at midnight for the NHSCA National Duals in Virginia Beach, Virginia May 22-25, 2015.
There will NOT be onsite registration for the UA! You must be pre-registered by May 20, 2015.
Fee: $45 per wrestler
If you are a current member of the UA, you are eligible to weigh in without your team between 2-4pm on Friday afternoon!
To register as an UA individual, click here!
Take part in the early weigh in by registering your team for the early weigh in!
Fee: $200 per team
To register your team, click here!
Please note: This fee is only for the 2015 NHSCA National Duals only! Team members are not an UA member unless they purchase the individual UA membership above.
All teams and individuals must be registered online by May 20, 2015.
Weigh In Procedure
Ultimate Alliance VIP Early Weigh-In’s
All teams who registered for the UA VIP weigh in must weigh in as a team between 2-4 pm Friday May 22nd at the VBCC.
Any individual UA members can also weigh in during this time without a team.
There will NOT be onsite registration for UA Membership at the Duals.
6-9 pm Team Weigh-In's
Below, please find a step by step procedure Friday's Weigh Ins - This is NEW!
1. When your wrestler arrive, they are strongly encouraged to go directly to their assigned mat "staging area”. Click Here to see your mat assignments.
2. When you (the coach / team contact) arrive at the VBCC, you will be required to check in at the registration tables located in the lobby to pick up your packets and weigh-in sheet(s). No outside weigh in sheets will be allowed!
3. If your roster needs to be updated, you will need to make changes at the roster change station -- this will make your weigh in process more lengthy. **Have your roster as up to date as possible by Wednesday, May 20th**
4. Upon verification that your team(s) roster sheet is correct, you will meet your team at their pre-assigned mat and proceed to your assigned scale number that will be posted around the venue.
* IMPORTANT: In order to weigh-in as a team between 6-8pm there must be 7+ roster members present. Individual/remaining athletes will not be permitted to weigh in until 8pm.
1. Upon arrival at the Virginia Beach Convention Center please know what team you are wrestling for. If you are unsure about your team’s name, go to the "troubleshooting” table located in the lobby.
2. Assigned scales for each team will be posted in the convention center
3. Once you locate your assigned scale—go directly to that scale’s line to weigh-in
* Please Note: Individual weigh-ins will not begin until 8:00pm.
If you attempt to weigh in without your team (7+members) or coach between 6-8 pmyou will be turned away and slow down the entire weigh-in process for 5000+ athletes competing in the National Duals. We thank you for following the instructions above.
Friday, May 22nd
Please Note: There will be a sign in sheet! A representative from each team is required to attend one meeting.
||Ultimate Alliance VIP Weigh Ins - Click Here for more info!
|Early Coach Check In
|Team Check In & Wrestler Weigh In
||Must have 7 or more wrestler to be a team.
||*practice area open and scales available
|Weigh in - Individuals
|Free Agent Meeting
Saturday, May 23rd
7am Wrestling begins
Sunday, May 24th
7am Wrestling begins
Monday, May 25th
7am Wrestling Begins until completion of event
* Subject to change
**The detailed schedule and pools will not be available until the week of the event**
NEW! Teams are only guaranteed 6 matches by Saturday and Sunday. Most will get their 7th matches on Monday.
Pending your pool placement, your match time(s) on Monday will be pre-assigned.
If you choose to sign up for another challenge match on Monday, there will be sign-up sheets at the head table.
To coach at the 2015 NHSCA National Duals, you must:
1. Be a member of the NHSCA. Membership is $30.
Be sure to be signed in when you purchase your event pass!
2. Purchase the 2015 NHSCA National Duals Event Pass for $35.
** Please Note: this is non-refundable and non-transferable. This is your ticket to enter as a coach.**
You will pick up your coach's pass onsite. Print your receipt to speed up the process.
COACHES! If you purchased the 2015 NHSCA All Event Coach Pass during the HS Nationals, you do not need the Duals Event Pass. You will show your ID to pick up your pass -- Be sure your membership is current!
Now available for onsite purchase ONLY anytime
during registration Friday or through the duration of the event!
||All those who purchase the Duals Coach Event Pass will receive a 6 month subscription to WIN Magazine - digital & print.
Purchase your 3 Day Spectator Tickets now!
Available online until Wednesday, May 20th 8pm.
|Student (Ages 7-18)
|Senior Citizens (Ages 62 and above)
|** All Tickets are non-refundable.**
Daily Spectator tickets can only be purchased on site.
|Student (Ages 7-18)
|Senior Citizens (Ages 62 and above)
|6 and Under
All active military will receive free entry. Please go to the NHSCA table upon arrival, located in the lobby of the VBCC.
** All Tickets are non-refundable.**